Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post subject: Re: Script Translation Progress
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:08 am 

What keeps me going in every project is exactly that, the fact everyone is going out of their way in what they are doing
to see it finished, so I keep myself geared high, my eyes peeled and my pickyness sharp, so I can do my part well done,
and even perhaps dare to help with stuff I don't know a whole lot of, with enough patience and some insight.
My mom always told me I seemed to have an answer for everything haha.

Edit: I'd wholeheartly help you with the house Bill if I had the know how and proximity,
but as clumsy as I am I'd end up putting walls down rather than raising them

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
What keeps me going in every project is exactly that, the fact everyone is going out of their way in what they are doing
to see it finished, so I keep myself geared high, my eyes peeled and my pickyness sharp, so I can do my part well done,
and even perhaps dare to help with stuff I don't know a whole lot of, with enough patience and some insight.
My mom always told me I seemed to have an answer for everything haha.

Edit: I'd wholeheartly help you with the house Bill if I had the know how and proximity,
but as clumsy as I am I'd end up putting walls down rather than raising them
A handful of people were buying this faddist device some years ago that included a frame and some goofy looking shoes with hooks attached to them. Once properly assembled, they would commence to suspend themselves from said frame upside down for interminable periods of time. Back then, I believed aficionados of such practices to be daft - especially when some of my distant Cherokee ancestors would have assisted them in replicating that experience for free! However, in light of what you just disclosed, this sounds like a utilitarian system after all - the perfect solution to remedy those upside down walls you prognosticated! (Hee-hee...!) Uh, do you know how to operate chainsaws, pruner/loppers, and manual axes? I just grubbed out a big oak stump - took me the better part of three days - off and on. Talk about blister city! Couldn't find any gloves, plus they make my hands hot. Anyway, get ready to calibrate your eagle eyes for Aretha-II, Chaos Seed, and (dare I mention it?) Burning Heroes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Howdy folks! So we're now sitting somewhere around 90% completion on the script. I guess at this rate I'm shooting for about the end of October to be complete but we'll have to see how things go. By the end of the year at any rate. :)

I am getting to translate some of the events that I assume happen towards the end of the game. I've run across a few interesting terms and phrases which have been fun for me to add to my translation memory. In doing some searches I ran across this site (http://kotobank.jp/) which is pretty sweet for finding the occasional word that's just not in EDICT or available elsewhere. I've used it for at least 2-3 little things on Aretha II. It's all in Japanese, but if you take the time to translate the definition of the term you can find out what it means.

Now I'm going to go play some FFXIV.

ultpaladin wrote:
Thanks for working so hard on the translation Filler, I think Dynamic Designs has been really lucky to have translators such as you and Ritchie. Good luck on the other scripts you are working on or considering.

BTW: I never did say thanks for these words of encouragement Ultpaladin. It is certainly my pleasure to be working with this group.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Last edited by filler on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:21 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Howdy folks! So we're now sitting somewhere around 90% completion on the script. I guess at this rate I'm shooting for about the end of October to be complete but we'll have to see how things go. By the end of the year at any rate. :)

I am getting to translate some of the events that I assume happen towards the end of the game. I've run across a few interesting terms and phrases which have been fun for me to add to my translation memory. In doing some searches I ran across this site (http://kotobank.jp/) which is pretty sweet for finding the occasional word that's just not in EDICT or available elsewhere. I've used it for at least 2-3 little things on Aretha II. It's all in Japanese, but if you take the time to translate the definition of the term you can find out what it means.

Sweet! Hopefully another project soon to be dealt with. I hope it's easier than what we are dealing with now. These games are a pain. Where is that Taskforce, BTW? We will need to touch base on 2 things. The current and the possible project I had looked into a while back. I will call it the 'other' chic game. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:

ultpaladin wrote:
Thanks for working so hard on the translation Filler, I think Dynamic Designs has been really lucky to have translators such as you and Ritchie. Good luck on the other scripts you are working on or considering.

BTW: I never did say thanks for these words of encouragement Ultpaladin. It is certainly my pleasure to be working with this group.
That timing sounds perfect, over the next one to three months. Recca and I have been working along on the Burning Heroes story so far (16 of 69 strings translated). With Bongo` "stiring" a bit on Chaos Seed (as Draken put it), during a few spare moments he had in between wrestling sessions with those pesky CS menus, he has tweaked a few of the supporting features in BH. This has enabled Recca and me to play a bit deeper into BH. By the time you wrap up Aretha-II, we should have caught up with Ritchie's work, which is most of World-I (of III) in BH. Then, if I can twist Bongo`'s arm just enough to make his bare bones Aretha-II insertion system "writer friendly", I can plunge right into a bit of Aretha-II work without suffering writer's "withdrawal" pains, heh!

Well, (for you friendly local neighborhood lurkers out there) I know Bongo` and I have implied a few subjects here and there that cross over into several different realms of activities without providing any pertinent details (not the least of which is the subtle news that Bongo` is sorta back!). Those updates will come in due course - when official. The main point is we all appreciate your work, Matt, and I - specifically - am looking much forward to diving into the English ROM production phase of Aretha-II. As Ultpaladin said, the work of translators such as you and Ritchie is the fuel that fires us up! Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:12 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
That timing sounds perfect, over the next one to three months. Recca and I have been working along on the Burning Heroes story so far (16 of 69 strings translated). With Bongo` "stiring" a bit on Chaos Seed (as Draken put it), during a few spare moments he had in between wrestling sessions with those pesky CS menus, he has tweaked a few of the supporting features in BH. This has enabled Recca and me to play a bit deeper into BH. By the time you wrap up Aretha-II, we should have caught up with Ritchie's work, which is most of World-I (of III) in BH. Then, if I can twist Bongo`'s arm just enough to make his bare bones Aretha-II insertion system "writer friendly", I can plunge right into a bit of Aretha-II work without suffering writer's "withdrawal" pains, heh!

Well, (for you friendly local neighborhood lurkers out there) I know Bongo` and I have implied a few subjects here and there that cross over into several different realms of activities without providing any pertinent details (not the least of which is the subtle news that Bongo` is sorta back!). Those updates will come in due course - when official. The main point is we all appreciate your work, Matt, and I - specifically - am looking much forward to diving into the English ROM production phase of Aretha-II. As Ultpaladin said, the work of translators such as you and Ritchie is the fuel that fires us up! Thanks!

Yay for Bongo' being kinda back! In other news, results of this weekend, 93%.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

Whoa! The big "nine-three"! Whenever I get the written part completed past a V0.90 beta, my adrenalin starts warping into overdrive, and I must force myself to slow down a bit and remain methodical and deliberate. Is you translation aid system still serving you well? Are you finding the files fairly chronological in their synchronization with the story line, or does everything seem to jump around? Thanks for the update, Matt!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:18 am 
Site Admin

Well, the graphics of this game certainly look good. Especially the way the towns are designed, it reminds me a lot of Rudra no Hihou, I love that game! How does the battle system in this game work? Judging from the screen shot on the project page with the giant white rat, is it like Slayers or Hourai High? The team work here at D-D is quite exceptional and nice!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

Whoa! The big "nine-three"! Whenever I get the written part completed past a V0.90 beta, my adrenalin starts warping into overdrive, and I must force myself to slow down a bit and remain methodical and deliberate. Is you translation aid system still serving you well? Are you finding the files fairly chronological in their synchronization with the story line, or does everything seem to jump around? Thanks for the update, Matt!

I feel the same way. With the end in site I start making a last dash to get a script finished off.

The translation aid is still serving me well. I've started to feed a few more small things into it like simple item lists and menu commands from smaller projects like Galaxy Robo, Maison Ikkoku, and The Story of Mio. I'd like to enter stuff from all my old scripts but it's more tedious since I'm ONLY entering phrases. At least with Aretha II I'm entering as I translate so it's like killing two birds with one stone. Also I feel like I'm actively making my translating life easier as I go. Still, I'd love to have a bunch of stuff from WtPC, Slayers, and all my other projects in there. All in due time.

Sometimes it gets something pretty close. For instance:

Masked knight "... By all means to do at intention is it?"

This should be more like:

Masked Knight "Do you intend to do it no matter what?"

It's easy enough at a glance to get the meaning and reword the sentence. Most of the time the results are more comical. For instance:

"Your safely bend over thing - time sandbank world. Then five good luck!!"

Should be more like:

"I sincerely hope for your safe return. Best of luck!"

:)

The files seem to be chronological, but I translate out of order sometimes so it's a little hard for me to tell. There is a lot of drama, self sacrifice, and villain theatrics so I'm pretty sure it's near the end. ;)

Recca: I can't comment on the battle system or gameplay. Anyone?

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am 

I have only one request for this: make sure ド~ル is translated as Doll, if he shows up in this one. For those not in the know, Doll is a recurring character in Aretha games. I'm making this one request so that the translation of his name stays in line with what I've got in Rejoice, which is an Aretha gaiden.

Also, I had no idea you were working on Galaxy Robo!

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next