Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Profanity in Aretha-II
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

We could steal a term from Popful Mail and call 'em dunderheads :)

*Watches as entire thread reader base rolls eyes*

Of course I'm kidding. Wildbill gets it though :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
taskforce wrote:
How 'bout morons or losers instead of flunkies? Just a thought. Flunkies sounds too much like true henchmen.
Yeah, I just threw that word in there off the top of my head this morning because I didn't like the term "bitches" to begin with, even in a dual-gender usage. I'm sure that between us we'll find the best noun that sounds Doole-ish. Plus, Gura Town is split just about evenly between reverence for King Akin and aggravation over the fact that his soldiers have made travel across the three bridges all but impossible. Geeze, I wish Bongo` would fix the Akin bug so we can move forward after I pass Chaos Seed back to Drakee, hopefully by tonight!

I also need to get some Burning Heroes materials to Red Soul today. (I haven't forgotten ya!)

I've never been a huge fan of profanity. So I would have to say lets leave out the cuss words and go all NINTENDO on these flunkies! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
taskforce wrote:
How 'bout morons or losers instead of flunkies? Just a thought. Flunkies sounds too much like true henchmen.
Yeah, I just threw that word in there off the top of my head this morning because I didn't like the term "bitches" to begin with, even in a dual-gender usage. I'm sure that between us we'll find the best noun that sounds Doole-ish. Plus, Gura Town is split just about evenly between reverence for King Akin and aggravation over the fact that his soldiers have made travel across the three bridges all but impossible. Geeze, I wish Bongo` would fix the Akin bug so we can move forward after I pass Chaos Seed back to Drakee, hopefully by tonight!

I also need to get some Burning Heroes materials to Red Soul today. (I haven't forgotten ya!)

I've never been a huge fan of profanity. So I would have to say lets leave out the cuss words and go all NINTENDO on these flunkies! :)
Ya, but what about the Akin bug, Kemo Sabe!?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 am 

I haven't got there yet myself, but I'll report back as soon as I do, just so we can determine if this might be an emulator specific issue.
Also, I noticed areas don't have any background music when you first get to them, is that normal?

Edit: On the matter of profanity, although I think f words may be too much, some d words here and there are all right, since we aren't about to turn every character into a nun or something.

Edit 2: I got to the Akin fight using the latest SnesGT and it crashes big time once it starts, so I don't think its a emu issue here.

Edit 3: Tested on BSnes also to be sure, same thing happens. On the plus side, our patch seems to work with both rom variants I found floating on the net. That said, I have no idea through which rom the patch was made, but nevertheless I must suggest not using the [h1] tagged dump.