Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Just a quick update on the status of Aretha II and Beta.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Exciting to think that this is in beta testing as I type. Thanks to all helping with the test and good luck!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:07 am 

I wanted to help in the beta... Well, maybe other time... :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 am 
Site Admin

zelcanelas: Sorry, I thought I had responded to you before now. I guess I forgot. I wasn't trying to slight you, I apologize. As I had said, I wanted to keep the team of beta testers on this one to people we have worked with in the past. The reason for that is they're already familiar with the way beta works and I've already got them setup in our reporting system. This became doubly important when I became sick about the time that beta was set to start. It took me several weeks to get over that illness and I'm just the last couple of days finally well. I just wasn't setup to be able to bring others up to speed on the system we use at this time. I do apologize about that and hopefully we can work you in on the next project down the line.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:11 pm 

taskforce wrote:
zelcanelas: Sorry, I thought I had responded to you before now. I guess I forgot. I wasn't trying to slight you, I apologize. As I had said, I wanted to keep the team of beta testers on this one to people we have worked with in the past. The reason for that is they're already familiar with the way beta works and I've already got them setup in our reporting system. This became doubly important when I became sick about the time that beta was set to start. It took me several weeks to get over that illness and I'm just the last couple of days finally well. I just wasn't setup to be able to bring others up to speed on the system we use at this time. I do apologize about that and hopefully we can work you in on the next project down the line.

OK, no problem. Whenever you guys need more help just leave a message, I always love the work that this team does and I wanted to help somehow. Since I don't know too much coding yet I can help in beta tests since I play snes games regularly. It is very pleasant find hidden games like this one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

How goes the testing?

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Filler, Everyone is done beta testing as of a couple days ago, but I need to get time to process one of the three testers reports. He turned in a lot of great stuff but I'm fairly busy ATM. I also have to still do something with the monster guide. I hope to still get it wrapped this month. I make no promises but I'm going to try real hard. The monster guide may be a big obstacle that could push it into March. It will definitely get done in March at the VERY latest though. Sorry about the delays, just have some stuff that came up now and it was too cold to work when I had time last week. (My house stays REALLY cold when its really chilly outside at my desk where I work.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

No need to apologize. Glad to hear that the testers have finished up. Stay warm!

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Quick update: I'm slowly but surely making it through reports. I've processed about half of the final beta testers reports. Keep in mind that after this I still have to finalize the monster guide. There is a small handful of known bugs I'm trying to keep track of to note when we release. The last beta tester we think has found nearly every hidden item in the game. Those brought to light a few new unknown issues. I will note them for release, nothing is a game breaking bug however, so that is good news.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:15 am 
Site Admin

I have finished processing beta reports. I have also just about got the monster guide into shape. Luckily I found a way to speed up getting it sorted quite a bit. One of my beta testers wants a few days to give things a final check (always a good idea). Anyway, release should be soon if Wildbill has time to do the last little things he needs to. Very likely before the end of February.

NOTE: I don't want to beat you guys over the head but I must mention this again. There are a handful of bugs that will remain upon release and this will NOT be a v1.00 release. More like a v.90 or v.95. These bugs may or may not ever get fixed (by us). I will try to list all of them in the readme. None stop the game from being played to completion or crash the game that we know of. Some are from the original rom. Some are not. Just be aware that this release will not be perfect. And for anything listed in the readme, a fix may not be coming.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 am 
Site Admin

Awesome news!

My projects
RHDN Community DB