Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Your end of the game team.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 am 
Site Admin

For those that have reached the end of the game, you'll know that you can choose two party members to join your team for the final area (Ranma and Akane are part of the team by default and can't be taken out). I went with Ryouga since he's the strongest character along with Ranma and Shampoo since she's the best healer and fastest character in the group. She has an awesome tech called Fukkatsu which takes little ki and restores 200 HP (it can even bring back a fallen ally!). Too bad you can't kick Akane off the team, I would have taken Mousse in her place as he can use techs which increases the stats of all party members. He is also a pretty decent fighter. By the way, what's the difference between the anime and manga patch? I used the anime patch to play this game.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Post subject: Re: Your end of the game team.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 am 
Site Admin

Exactly what it sounds like :) The anime patch was based off of the styling of the Viz Dub where the manga patch is a much more literal translation of the game. I took great care (much to Wildbill's torture) in making sure the game felt like a viz dubbed episode of the anime. And (tooting my own horn) I think I did a great job of pulling it off if I do say so myself.

If you want a more literal play pass. Play the manga version. You might miss some of the fun that the anime version brings. Like that quarky fun way that the guide speaks.

Oh and it has been eons since I played this. I would have used Shampoo and Ukyo if available though. I always have to have all/mostly girl teams where I can, just cause I can :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

There's a fan game remake of this SNES game: http://rpgmaker.net/games/495/images/
It includes Ukyo as a character along with two other people as well (as it says somewhere on the page). Sadly, it's put on hiatus so I don't know if it will ever get finished. I doubt it has animated character and enemy attacks though, but it would be great if it did. I'm not sure it does or not since I never played the game. The alternate endings it has sound interesting too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, looks like they really got quite a ways on working on that. And it looks like they're using our anime patch for the basis of the project. Here is hoping it doesn't stay on hold forever. I'd love to give it a play. I'm amazed that someone loved our translation and the game enough to actually do a remake. That is extremely cool. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll have to give the demo a whirl.

If Ukyo wasn't in the SNES game as a playable char. No idea who I had as my party. I guarentee shampoo was one of them. I still think Shampoo was one of the cutest and sexiest chars the Japanese ever created :) One of my all time favorite lines is when she drags Ranma into the shower to change into a cat for the first time and tells him (while naked) something like "Ranma, what you could do to body like this?" She was created by a woman too :) That girl could write harem as well as any man. And I LOVED her dub in the anime. (remember I watched this anime when subs weren't even offered.) I don't have those saves anymore. I should really play this game again. It has been long enough that things would only be vaguely familiar and I think it would be fun at this point to do so. This game was kind of like Slayers is for Matt or Destiny of an Emperor II for Wildbill. Of all the games I've worked on, it was the one I was most passionate about. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Ukyo is indeed not a playable character in the game. She appears in towns with a wagon like shop that sells food to Ranma and party. Food of course, being healing items. Heh, Shampoo was indeed one of the hottest anime girls I've seen (I also really liked Lanch and Mai from Dragon Ball, though they really didn't have as many scenes as Shampoo did in Ranma). I remember that bath scene, it was hilarious! Ranma is a fool for not wanting to marry her. Ukyo would also be a good choice, I really don't know why all the guys like Akane... She's too damn uptight! Except for Mousse of course which likes Shampoo. What a little circle there is in this series! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, her traveling okonomiyaki cart. The one that lead to the betrothing of her and ranma to start with. I knew she was in the first town in her normal okonomiyaki restaurant but didn't remember her traveling with the cart. See I really don't remember all that much of this game.

As for Akane, I guess it was the underdog scenario. She really didn't have anything to offer beyond a violent streak and a bad attitude. Nabiki was even worse. Kasumi on the other hand... If Tofu ever did marry that woman, he was set. heh.