Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Matoya's Lighthouse BUG!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:57 pm 

I seem to have a problem in Matoya's Lighthouse, AT the top, she asks for you to put the clothes in the chest,
so i picked up all the clothes, open the chest, use item, use wrinkled clothes.. and all it says is 1 word..

Chest.

I DON'T have any PAR/GG cheats activated or anything tho i DID previously, at beginning of game use a gold cheat.
It don't take the item from my bag to put it in the chest, I've tried reloading the whole emulator/game and
climbed the whole tower doing the puzzles all over again, BUT it still does the same thing.. it's NOT taking the
items from me, SO! I cant carry on with the game OR the sanctuary that Wildbill has requested until it's looked at :(

Game patch version .. v1.01
Emulator using .. Snes9x v1.53

Here's MY saved game at bottom of the tower -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tiva469n1xdt ... D.zip?dl=0

Here's a pic -

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post subject: Re: Matoya's Lighthouse BUG!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Very strange that it hasn't happened for anyone else who played the game (myself included). Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:37 pm 

Draken wrote:
Very strange that it hasn't happened for anyone else who played the game (myself included). Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

HOPEFULLY.. well my save game is there in the link for you to try out, only hting is its at the START of the tower so you will have to go up a few floors. :( sorry.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Draken wrote:

HOPEFULLY.. well my save game is there in the link for you to try out, only hting is its at the START of the tower so you will have to go up a few floors. :( sorry.
Yep, this is a new possible bug that no one has seen and reported. I'm going to send you something else in a PM to start looking over a little bit until we run this down. It may take us a little while to investigate MA.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:05 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Draken wrote:

Yep, this is a new possible bug that no one has seen and reported. I'm going to send you something else in a PM to start looking over a little bit until we run this down. It may take us a little while to investigate MA.

OK, no prob :) was really starting to get into MA also :( oh well, these things can't be helped.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Draken wrote:

OK, no prob :) was really starting to get into MA also :( oh well, these things can't be helped.
It is really a super game. I tried to make it a good story. It's better than 7th Saga, which I also like, but the latter game is not for everyone. Really need Red Soul to chase down this MA glitch, but he's on vacation. So, be patient. Meanwhile I'm about to overload you. Then, maybe I can catch up! Got a few irons in the fire, hee-hee, real world, game world, several worlds...! Got too many doggone worlds goin' at once!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:16 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Draken wrote:

It is really a super game. I tried to make it a good story. It's better than 7th Saga, which I also like, but the latter game is not for everyone. Really need Red Soul to chase down this MA glitch, but he's on vacation. So, be patient. Meanwhile I'm about to overload you. Then, maybe I can catch up! Got a few irons in the fire, hee-hee, real world, game world, several worlds...! Got too many doggone worlds goin' at once!

well, i'll put a view block on the MA sanctuary for now, as i don't wanna be flooded with messages from people asking me to finish it, lol.
So i'll hide it for now and go back to it again. In the meantime i can get on with SSmS Sanctuary's Walkthrough.. i been doing that bit by
bit. There's still things i can work on for MA tho.. like adding all the info's for monsters but the monster pics would have to wait.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:44 pm 

7th Saga is a game with very interesting things, but some flaws making what could have been a great game only decent. The problems are more numerous in the american version, as they wanted to make the game harder and went way too far in comparison with the original. And it also has one of the most broken spells i've seen in my RPG player life.

Buuuut, If you want to go the "rom hacking" route, there are actually a select group of hacks that try to overcome the flaws of the game and restore things to their original state or create a new balance.

I remember choosing the Dwarf or the "Robot" almost every time I tried playing it as a kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:21 pm 

Maeson wrote:
7th Saga is a game with very interesting things, but some flaws making what could have been a great game only decent. The problems are more numerous in the american version, as they wanted to make the game harder and went way too far in comparison with the original. And it also has one of the most broken spells i've seen in my RPG player life.

Buuuut, If you want to go the "rom hacking" route, there are actually a select group of hacks that try to overcome the flaws of the game and restore things to their original state or create a new balance.

I remember choosing the Dwarf or the "Robot" almost every time I tried playing it as a kid.

yeah i remember playing 7th saga a few years ago, i played right through it without ANY patches, i did not really find the game THAT hard,
the only thing really that got on my nerves with it was that it was a TOTAL grind-fest of an rpg.. and I HATE grind-fest rpg's.. in my opinion,
any rpg that has the amount of grind-leveling in it as much as 7th saga had should NOT be played.. unless ur into that type of rpg mechanics..
LOL! That game drove me insane.. i think it took me OVER a month to actually finish because the grinding just got the the point where i could
not be bothered with it some days. Granted.. 7th saga had other pretty good points about it.. that's probably why i stuck with it to finish the
game.. BUT you MUST agree.. it's NOT aged well over the years, SHAME some hacker could NOT get some new sprite, animation, tileset work
done for it and replace the whole games graphics.. NOW! that would be worth playing through 7th saga again for.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:45 pm 

But if someone did that it wouldn't be the 7th Saga, wouldn't it? lol.

About the difficulty, I still think it's hard (or maybe terribly balanced) based on the fact that for most people the only way to advance is grind, grind, grind, to overcome the odds, and even then that's not an strategy for a challenge, that's just a last resort, a way to advance by wasting hours.

And for most people that happens the entire game. It's Hard to the point of seeing the game as a giant grind fest.

It's not like, I don't know, Dual Orb 2. That game is harder than your average RPG, and while it's true that is that way in part because of a flaw (lack of defensive gear or how high the damage can get, making defensive stats kind of useless sometimes, unless you have A LOT) you can apply some strategies and leveling up takes much less time if you want to train before a boss.

Some of the hacks I mentioned before make the game much more fun to play, depending on the patch and what fetures it has, but that's just me. The vanilla game is not something I would like to go back to.

But then again, all this is based on the american version, the japanese game is quite different.