Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Matoya's Lighthouse BUG!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:29 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
I seem to have a problem in Matoya's Lighthouse, AT the top, she asks for you to put the clothes in the chest,
so i picked up all the clothes, open the chest, use item, use wrinkled clothes.. and all it says is 1 word..

Chest.

I DON'T have any PAR/GG cheats activated or anything tho i DID previously, at beginning of game use a gold cheat.
It don't take the item from my bag to put it in the chest, I've tried reloading the whole emulator/game and
climbed the whole tower doing the puzzles all over again, BUT it still does the same thing.. it's NOT taking the
items from me, SO! I cant carry on with the game OR the sanctuary that Wildbill has requested until it's looked at :(

Game patch version .. v1.01
Emulator using .. Snes9x v1.53

Here's MY saved game at bottom of the tower -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tiva469n1xdt ... D.zip?dl=0

Here's a pic -

Unless I'm missing something, I have only a pre-patched SFC but no SRMs or other saves in that RAR. Do me a favor and try the pre-patched ROM below with your save.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/mysticark/ma.smc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 am 

Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
I seem to have a problem in Matoya's Lighthouse, AT the top, she asks for you to put the clothes in the chest,
so i picked up all the clothes, open the chest, use item, use wrinkled clothes.. and all it says is 1 word..

Chest.

I DON'T have any PAR/GG cheats activated or anything tho i DID previously, at beginning of game use a gold cheat.
It don't take the item from my bag to put it in the chest, I've tried reloading the whole emulator/game and
climbed the whole tower doing the puzzles all over again, BUT it still does the same thing.. it's NOT taking the
items from me, SO! I cant carry on with the game OR the sanctuary that Wildbill has requested until it's looked at :(

Here's a pic -

Unless I'm missing something, I have only a pre-patched SFC but no SRMs or other saves in that RAR. Do me a favor and try the pre-patched ROM below with your save.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/mysticark/ma.smc

Ooops! i forgot to put in the srms lol.. oh well, your link worked with my saves, it sorted out Matoya.. so I think it might have
been a BAD patched rom or something causing the glitch. thanks for that Wildbill :) now I have 3 sanctuary's to work on.. lol.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:53 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

Chest.

Ooops! i forgot to put in the srms lol.. oh well, your link worked with my saves, it sorted out Matoya.. so I think it might have
been a BAD patched rom or something causing the glitch. thanks for that Wildbill :) now I have 3 sanctuary's to work on.. lol.
That is exactla-mundo what happened! I don't know which is worse, the dadburn pirates who make money off ours and the Japanese company's creative work or the ROM sites that put out flawed software.

I wish the feather merchants would just pack up and go away and let the creators and honest gamers enjoy the patches in peace. I rest my case, over and over. Any gamer who turns to a third party instead of the site that supports patches is just begging for miseries!

Maybe we should try to implant a bug that hatches whenever our patches are applied to ROMs and burned to EEPROM. Heh, shades of Earthbound Zero, but imagine hundreds of people screaming for their $45 back, hee-hee... THAT would be a trip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Just came on here to try and fix this (suspected bad rom), and am glad to see it got resolved. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Just came on here to try and fix this (suspected bad rom), and am glad to see it got resolved. ;)
Thanks! Yep, the bug that never was, and I'd better take down that ROM right now lest someone label me a feather merchant!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Draken wrote:
Thanks! Yep, the bug that never was, and I'd better take down that ROM right now lest someone label me a feather merchant!

LOL!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.