Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Unable to get to run crashes after patch screen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:58 pm 

I didn't try compad. mode with 64 bit the program alone ran, it was just hard to tell if the program patched or not since (least on my end) it didn't say 'patch successfully complete' where as IPS and SNESTool did. I think it was VillGust or Slayers the readme said bytes must equal to this amount. When I checked out the ROM it already equaled that amount, but for some reason I still had to remove the header then patch to get it to run (file size did not change). Though oddly enough, ZNSES reported "bad rom" afterwards but hey the game worked fine so I can't complain much :D.

I agree with backing up the rom part though, znses has a feature were you can name patch file AND the rom file the same name and the program will patch it on the fly. I tried to do that with Mystic Ark but to no avail. Some reason when I renamed rom file (not the extenstion), the game would brick, but if I didn't rename the file it ran fine. At this point I think its a 50/50 shot: patch don't work try again.

From some game play (such as the monster orb), the appereance of Lux, and the battle system the game reminds me of 7th Saga, but it doesn't feel like a direct sequel since there's no story references. I just remember the horrific difficulty the 7th Saga presented (oh the childhood memories of renting the game lol that game was HARD :X)

Thanks for the info Red Soul, I'll look into it!

Post subject: Re: Unable to get to run crashes after patch screen
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 am 

Don't mention it, and above all,
have fun ^.^
You're always welcome here.