Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Some mistakes spotted in MA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:01 am 

I'm using the 1.00 patch, so I'm not sure if these mistakes have been corrected.
First the information about the platinum brook is missing. There is like only an 8 appearing.
And when you go back to keepun Sign once the chapter is cleared in world 4, well the pianist in the bar is renamed Ferris even though she was correctly named like my hero the first time I talked to her in the beginning of the chapter.

Beside those little mistakes, I'm enjoying the patch! Good job guys!

Post subject: Re: Some mistakes spotted in MA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the help! It really makes me happy when people in the community lend us a hand like this. I think that these mistakes have been corrected in the new (unreleased) version of the patch... Which begs the questions, when is it going to be released?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I'm wondering why the hold up now myself. Wildbill says he has completed his DS play pass. Why are we still waiting?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:38 am 

Yes as I recall all those issues were already found and fixed in our to be universal patch.
Your sense of observation is still appreciated, IDalarian, as well as your presence in our forums, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Omigosh, gangs...!

Ya got me dead-to-rights. (Where is Bongo`'s chime-in on this pile-on...!?)

I was halfway through my rapid-fire BSNES play-through two weeks ago, still finding small fixes in item descriptions and such (I want to fully recommend BSNES as the preferred emulator for our final, universal MA). Then, I started playing Luminous Arc-II (thanks to the highly distracting recommendation of Lalakoboldslayer, so blame HIM!). TF, you're notorious for pulling this sort of stunt, so gimme a break, huh!!?

Anyway... Every time I start to complete my MA work or read through RS's Feda package, I find myself grabbing that little blue-topped chunk of total-vexation-to-humankind instead and repairing to a quiet corner of one of my favorite haunts!

So, yeah... Hang me! I surrender! I'll try to finish it this weekend, promise. (unless, Bongo` and Filler send me menu support for Slayers, then blame THEM!)

(Si-si... The Platinum Brooch description and piano-Ferris scenes for all of the gender scenarios are fixed in V1.01. BTW, here is the Platinum Brooch description string:

_Label_C9C8C9_:

.TEXT
[name-4]
: Raises the
magic power of someone
equipped with platinum.
Magic goes up 10.
.ENDT)

Welcome to the forum, IDalarian!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hehe. I know about distractions... I'm playing through Eternal Sonata right now on the PS3, and I have Uncharted 1 waiting for me before I go out and buy Uncharted #2 ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:10 pm 
Wildbill wrote:
...Then, I started playing Luminous Arc-II (thanks to the highly distracting recommendation of Lalakoboldslayer, so blame HIM!)...
:oops:

Note to myself: Never distract a romhacker again, :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Omigosh, gangs...!

Ya got me dead-to-rights. (Where is Bongo`'s chime-in on this pile-on...!?)

I was halfway through my rapid-fire BSNES play-through two weeks ago, still finding small fixes in item descriptions and such (I want to fully recommend BSNES as the preferred emulator for our final, universal MA). Then, I started playing Luminous Arc-II (thanks to the highly distracting recommendation of Lalakoboldslayer, so blame HIM!). TF, you're notorious for pulling this sort of stunt, so gimme a break, huh!!?

Anyway... Every time I start to complete my MA work or read through RS's Feda package, I find myself grabbing that little blue-topped chunk of total-vexation-to-humankind instead and repairing to a quiet corner of one of my favorite haunts!

So, yeah... Hang me! I surrender! I'll try to finish it this weekend, promise. (unless, Bongo` and Filler send me menu support for Slayers, then blame THEM!)

(Si-si... The Platinum Brooch description and piano-Ferris scenes for all of the gender scenarios are fixed in V1.01. BTW, here is the Platinum Brooch description string:

_Label_C9C8C9_:

.TEXT
[name-4]
: Raises the
magic power of someone
equipped with platinum.
Magic goes up 10.
.ENDT)

Welcome to the forum, IDalarian!

Hehehe, check the slayers thread, WildBill. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:20 am 

I just noticed the news post at RHDN, and it reminded me that I have yet to report some errors that I've noticed while playing the translated game several months ago. It's possible that some or all of these have been fixed already, but I couldn't find a list of changes for the new version, so I couldn't verify that without replaying the game, which I am not going to do. Here are the notes as I wrote them at the time:

If someone is basically good, all that means is that ones conscience overcomes the evil part of ones soul.

but your exceptional wisdom and bravery, not to mention your boundless compassion...<page>...has outshone us all!

Item Service Station near Metalimo: selecting "Antidote" gives you an Herbal Cookie.

irresistable -> irresistible

Empty message window in that room with a lot of clones encased in capsules.

"<Player> replaced the Ark in (into?) the chest."

To clarify, change "replaced" to "re-placed." You can't omit the hyphen if confusion could result from its absence; the word "replaced" is a synonym of "substituted."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:29 am 

Thanks for your observations.
I'm rather certain these issues have been corrected, as I have reported most of them myself
during test playing, but your good eye is of great value regardless.