Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So which did you like better: 7th Saga or Mystic Ark
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:43 pm 

I haven't played Mystic Ark (yet), but my successful 7th Saga party was Esuna and... Valsu, was it? The priest.

7th Saga gave me a lot of grief back in the mid-90s. I tried the game with Lux (who I thought was the coolest) but didn't get too far. Restarted with Kamil and got far enough to get Esuna in the party, but I lost hard to Red Pison. At the time I wasn't too familiar with the concept of level-building and thought my characters just sucked, so I gave up. Later gave it another go on a friend's advice to play as Lejes, but again didn't get far. Fast forward over a decade... I decided to give the game the what-for in the Summer of 2007. This time I planned things out. Played as Esuna and got the priest as her sidekick. Once he got the MP-restoration spell, this duo was hard to stop even if their defense was awful. I actually finished the game with that pairing.

So...did anyone ever use the dwarf? Or the weird alien monk? Seems like those two got the least attention out of the group.

Post subject: Re: So which did you like better: 7th Saga or Mystic Ark
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:17 pm 

Honestly, considering 7th Saga was artificially made more difficult in the west, its no wonder you suffered through it.
Considering how early of a SNES RPG it was, it was certainly innovative in ways, but its unforgiving nature is neither justified
nor intended. To truly enjoy it (as opposed to simply grinding through it) one should get the patch that puts the original enemy and player stats based on Elnard (its japanese name) back into the english version of the game.

Personally I find the Alien, Demon and Tetsujin the most interesting races to play as. The others just seem too much like the usual RPG fare.