Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing Wisdom Ark
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:25 am 

Hi!

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask about this or if I’ll even get a reply, especially with how old the translation is and when the last post in this forum was, but I’m really out of options here.

Currently playing Mystic Ark and I’m loving it, however, I’ve encountered what seems to be a game-breaking bug? I’ve beaten the final boss (Chimera) of World 3 (Children’s World) and I’ve been told to grab the Ark of Wisdom however when I go to the room to find the treasure chest containing the Ark, it’s already open and the chest is empty. I’ve followed walkthroughs and LP’s religiously and I’ve seen no one else come across this issue. What's even more confusing is when I go back to the shrine/temple and talk to the goddess statue and fireplace, they think I have the Wisdom Ark!!!

I can’t progress the plot without it so I’m stuck. I have searched every corner of the internet trying to find a solution and I’ve found just one other person who had the same issue. I’ve tried contacting them to see if they had a solution, but I’ve had no response.

I’ve tried defeating the chimera boss about half a dozen times, hard resetting, trying to mess with the RNG, save states (etc) and I still have the same result. I was wondering if you guys know of this glitch, or if you’ve received feedback from other people regarding it, or even if you have a solution or suggestions. I'm playing on a SNES Mini btw.

Any insights, suggestions, solutions, explanations (etc) would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Missing Wisdom Ark
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

I have not heard of this happening - at least on an emulator.

I'm not familiar with the features of your platform. Can you secure an SRM file just before the boss fight? If so, maybe we can run some tests and see if we get the same results on an emulator. If so, the problem will be your platform.

If you can secure an SRM, you can try to load it into ZSNES or one of the emulators we know will work with Mystic Ark and see if the Wisdom Ark appears in your inventory then.

If it is a platform issue, and you have a way to introduce cheats, it's possible Bongo` or Taskforce can make you one that will cause the Wisdom Ark to appear in your inventory. These are just rough ideas. The more technical-savvy members may have a solid answer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:30 pm 

Hi!

Really appreciate the response and I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. Over the last few days I actually decided to restart the game with a different ROM and wouldn't you know it, I had no issues at all so I guess that was the problem. Really quite bizarre but glad I got it out of the way so I can continue :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:49 am 
Site Admin

superstick42 wrote:
Hi!

Really appreciate the response and I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. Over the last few days I actually decided to restart the game with a different ROM and wouldn't you know it, I had no issues at all so I guess that was the problem. Really quite bizarre but glad I got it out of the way so I can continue :D
Good to hear. Enjoy Mystic Ark!