Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Amity Card
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:00 am 

What is the purpose of this? And where can it be found?

Post subject: Re: Amity Card
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
What is the purpose of this? And where can it be found?
I am fuzzy on this, but I seem to recall it's somewhere between the Slums and the Castle. It might grant you access to s secret or private area (such as the Quiz Show), but again, I'm unsure.

I recall writing the dialogue for secret areas I never found until someone pointed out a number of them down the line. I believe I mentioned some of these secret areas and "missing" items in our read.me, but it's not current with what people discovered or may have found later and never reported to us. Also, we wrote strings concerning a secret island and/or caves in such an island that to my knowledge no one ever found. Our conclusion was this feature may have been planned and dropped by the developers. Other secret areas, such as a hidden developer lair, can be reached only by unlocking the debugger code.

Midic, as you may have noted, was writing a new Lennus-II guide (that I forgot about for a while), but I'm unaware of it's status.

Heh, talking about Lennus-II reminds me again how complex and amazing this game is! Perhaps Draken has a better recall of the Amity Card's location and purpose.

My hobby time has been severely limited this whole year, or I'd delve into these Lennus-II questions you're raising more thoroughly.

To everyone: When I finally do emerge from this time crunch situation, I'll be hitting Chaos Seed again really hard. In fact, I'll make a commitment here and now to have my part of Chaos Seed finished before the end of the year, hopefully, well before December so we can release prior to Christmas. I also need to write Ritchie and see if he plans to return to Burning Heroes translation work. The last files I received from him came just before last Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

I believe that the Amity Card is used to enter the quiz show... I think...
I believe that you can buy it?!?! Darn, it's been so long.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I believe that the Amity Card is used to enter the quiz show... I think...
I believe that you can buy it?!?! Darn, it's been so long.
Wasn't a bartender involved? You had to make certain responses in specific ways.

Wow, Gloucester is complicated. You work your tail off to get to the Gloucester slums. Then, you must navigate through all the nooks and crannies of the entire Gloucester complex - side quests and all. After all of that, the game really starts to open up and get to the heart of the matter, in earnest. I recall when everything broke down for us in 2003 - the tram menu lock-up bug. Then, Bongo` and you fixed everything in 2007 or 8, and the rest is history! Did we ever fix that Spirit symbol glitch someone reported - late in the game?

The weather is crummy here today. I could (should) work on framing my severely behind schedule garage storage loft (inside job), but none of my day workers are coming to work on the other house additions and remodeling next door, so maybe I 'll steal some hobby time and catch up on loose ends - perhaps even work on you-know-what. But first, I need to e-mail Ritchie about Burning Heroes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:49 am 
Site Admin

I've started replaying Lennus-II just a few days ago when I stumbled upon this thread. And here's how you get the Amity Card: Beat all the drunkards in that bar where they are in Gloucester's 3rd section, then talk to the bartender and answer yes to all of his questions. He'll give you the card for 1000 Gold. I've also read somewhere in a walkthrough that there's some sort of secret armor shop in Gloucester (by walking left through a wall somewhere), but it doesn't seem to be all that. Better equipment can be found in the other shops there.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)